PETITION TO PROTECT COOPER COUNTY FROM THE NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF FACTORY FARMS!
We, as farmers, landowners, and/or citizens of Cooper County petition the Cooper County Commission in support of the county health ordinance. This petition is based on concerns listed below, and the undersigned request that the Cooper County Commission support our Health Ordinance, to ensure common-sense safeguards to protect our farms, families and county from the negative impacts of Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs).
- The Health of Citizens in Cooper County
- The Effects on Air Quality in Cooper County
- The Effects to Water Quality in Cooper County
- Infringement on Property Rights of Farmers and Landowners and Property Devaluation
- The impact on Cooper County road systems which will create an undue burden on the taxpayers of Cooper County
- And the undue taking of the Quality of Life and Enjoyment of the Citizens and Farmers of Cooper County