Christian Del Villar 0

Paid Maternity Leave for Lemon Grove, CA.

158 signers. Add your name now!
Christian Del Villar 0 Comments
158 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

Did you know that our mothers are treated unfairly in this country? Mothers in this country do not get the pay they deserve. California is one of the three states that give paid leave but only 55%. Overall, the US does not federally provide any pay. This is a basic human right. Only Papua New Guinea don't offer paid leave besides us.

Other countries offer much more time for mother and even fathers.

  • Iran: 12 weeks of paid leave.
  • United Kingdom: 40 weeks of paid leave.
  • Congo: 12 weeks of paid leave.
  • Singapore: 16 week of paid leave.
  • Vietnam: 26 weeks of paid leave.

It is time we as a nation moved forward. We need to start treated our mothers with much more care and pay them.

Our goal is simple, here in Lemon Grove, CA, we want every mother to get full paid leave. We need to set an example to the country the way San Francisco has. Currently, in California there is 55% paid leave for 6 weeks. What we want to do is have the rest of the 45% paid plus an extra 6 weeks like SF. Mothers deserve to rest in comfort and never worry about work after giving birth. We want mothers to have 12 weeks of fully paid leave.

We are an organization called 'Support the Mothers' and we are here to support a better future for the mothers and families. It's time to catch up with the world.

We ask all residents of Lemon Grove, CA and San Diego County to support this petition, it could really make a difference.


Share for Success