Oppose Orchard Hotel Wrap-Around Open Terrace Lounge (163 Orchard St)t
The Petition of the following citizens of the State of New York residing in the City of New York in Community Board 3 oppose the tavern wine license for the 2nd floor year-round lounge and bar for Nadico Hotel LLC d/b/a The Orchard Hotel (“Orchard Hotel”) at 163 OrchardStreet as applied: Tavern with minimum requirement of food, 50 persons, 1 (7ft) Bar + 6-8 Seats, lounge tables and chairs in various configurations, "Background music" with DJs and tapes/recorded music with live music, special / private events until 12AM daily"
The petitioners, understanding this is not a 500 Ft case, support a lounge as stipulated:
- It will operate as a TW lounge with a food prep area serving food during all hours of operation
- Its hours of operation will be from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. all days
- It will not install speakers of any kind
- It will not install tv monitors of any kind
- 6) It will not have recorded background music, DJs, live music, promoted events, scheduled performances or any events at which a cover fee will be charged
- It will not have security guard, stanchions or wait lines outside premises at any time
- It will not host pub crawls or party buses
- It will have "happy hours” from 5 P.M. - 8 P.M.
- It will provide a telephone number for residents to call with complaints and immediately address any resident complaints.
We firmly believe residents should not be penalized for construction that is overbuilt as per zoning regulations by allowing The Orchard Hotel a year-round exposed 2nd floor lounge with djs, live music, special / private events and speakers to operate until 12AM daily.