NON-TARRYTOWN FOLKS: SUPPORT THE JAZZ FORUM CLUB!
To the members of the Tarrytown Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Board, Board of Trustees, Mayor, the Village Administrator and Building Department staff of the Village of Tarrytown, NY.
The petition of the undersigned residents of towns other than Tarrytown request that you recognize the following with regard to the Jazz Forum jazz club to be established at 1 Dixon Lane, Tarrytown NY:
- That we understand that Mark Morganelli is requesting a variance from requirements of Chapter 305 of the Village of Tarrytown Code (“zoning code”);
- That the proposal is to permit designated parking for Jazz Forum patrons at two sites (KEY BANK PARKING LOT & CHASE BANK PARKING LOT) that exceed the zoning code requirement that “off-street parking on another lot” be “within 300 feet by normal pedestrian travel”;
- That we fully support Mark Morganelli and Jazz Forum Arts (the non-profit arts presenting organization that will operate the Jazz Forum) and endorse the plan to open a jazz club in Tarrytown and believe that this establishment will increase the tourism and visitors and thus revenues for Tarrytown;
AND THAT YOU RECOGNIZE OUR COMMITMENT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- That we fully support Mark Morganelli and Jazz Forum Arts (the non-profit arts presenting organization that will operate the Jazz Forum) and endorse the plan to open a jazz club in Tarrytown and will attend performances that will increase visitors and thus revenues for Tarrytown; AND
- That we will gladly park our cars at either the Key Bank or the Chase parking lot, and then walk to the Jazz Forum via the public street access (Dixon Street and/or Central Avenue) to the private lane, Dixon Lane, entrance to the Jazz Forum; AND/OR
- That we will take Metro North to Tarrytown and walk to the Jazz Forum when we attend performances, and will not have a use for parking lots.