WE, THE UNDERSIGNED CITIZENS OF EASTON, CONNECTICUT AND/OR INTERESTED PARTIES, HEREBY PETITION the Town of Easton's elected leaders and/or appointed officials to steadfastly REJECT any and all proposals for construction, erection and operation of a cell tower and cellular base station at or around the vicinity of SAMUEL STAPLES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (SSES) and its surrounding athletic and other fields at the Morehouse Road Town Property.
WE STATE OR BELIEVE:
1. That the petitioners are owners, residents, occupants of residences in the Town of Easton, or are parents and/or legal guardians of children attending school at SSES, or are interested parties thereto;
2. Alternative technology exists that does not require the construction of a cell tower and base station.
3. The Public health, welfare, comfort, convenience, safety and security can be served by alternative wireless technology;
4. The environmental impact of the construction and operation of a cell tower and cellular base station has not been established and said construction and operation may present a hazard to the Town of Easton's residents, environment, and water supply;
5. The construction, operation and ongoing maintenance of a cell tower and cellular base station will present a danger to the traffic on an already dangerously narrow access road (Morehouse Road) which is the route parents' cars and of school buses carrying the Town of Easton's pre-K through 5th grade school children to and from school and activities;
6. The existence and presence of a cellular tower and its base station is not befitting of the Town of Easton's rural nature, nor does it belong in the landscape desired by the residents of the Town of Easton; and
7.The existence and presence of a cellular tower and its base station will have an adverse affect on home values in the immediate area and hence have an adverse affect on the Town's economy.