Missing sound wall between SR237 and Persian Drive on Fair Oaks exit
93 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
93 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- Currently, sound wall extends all the way between Persian Drive and SR 237, but only a small patch near Fair Oaks exit has been missed out.
- This small patch covers residential communities - Traditions and Solaire.
- The residents are exposed to high decibel sound from trucks, motor bikes and cars driving at fast speeds on SR 237.
- These decibel levels reach to 70-80 db at peak and an average of 50-60 db persists 24x7 from continuous moving traffic.
- Generally, the recommended residential background noise is around 40 db.
- Continuous exposure to high db sound could lead to a health hazard. Also, there are other disadvantages with residents not able to open living room and bedroom windows and not having enough fresh air in their homes.
- The sound wall also helps reduce particulate pollution (road grime/dirt).
- In 1997 California enacted Senate Bill 45 (SB-45) which gave control of the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) to regional agencies.
- In response to this, the Valley Transportation Plan 2020 (VTP2020) established a Sound Barrier Program.
- On Nov 6, 2003 the VTA Board adopted project eligibility and evaluation for the SB Program.
- A call-for-projects to the cities/County included the sound wall at the Fair Oaks exit between 237 and Persian Dr. A study was conducted and findings provided to the VTA Board on 02 June, 2011.
- Project for the sound wall described in this petition was #48 and was incorrectly denied due to the reason - 'existing sound wall’.
- Denying the construction of a wall because of an already existing sound wall was obviously an error on VTA’s behalf. Because, no such wall exists right now.
- So, we are trying to gather your support through this petition, approach VTA and get the error rectified.
I earnestly request you to show your support and sign this petition.