Keeping Our Neighborhood Safe
- Category: Planning Commision
- Location of Interest: 1775 S. McClelland, Santa Maria, CA 93454
- McClelland street is lined by several community neighborhoods lining the east side of the street. Included are: 1 mobile home community, 1 assisted living for seniors and the disabled, and 2 condominium complexes. 3 of the 4 communities are family oriented. With all of these communities we need to ensure that our children and residents are safe.
- Currently, Community Solutions Inc. has applied for a business license to Rehabiltate paroled prisoners that are likely to be incarcerated again. The target parolees are ex-drug abusers, ex-gang members, and such. They are proposing a Santa Maria neighborhood day center, which will be a day reporting center for paroled prison inmates. This center could accommodate 50 parolees at a time.
- We, the undersigned, recognize the need for such a facility and are deeply compassionate to the need of these individuals to be re-incorporated into society. We would like to request that a new site be found, preferably in an industrial setting away from temptation, and without affecting the safety of the surrounding neighborhoods.
- We, the undersighned, request that Community Solutions Inc. find an alternative location for their business instead of 1775 S. McClelland Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454.
- Do you agree that this necessary action be put in place?
- If so, please sign our petition so your voice may be heard with ours.
Margaret Gorman, Neighborhood Homeowner
7 years agoKaren & Dennis Van Worth United States7 years ago
7 years agoJudith F DeMar United States7 years ago
7 years agoCarl Buck United States7 years ago
7 years agoHumberto J. Salinas United States7 years ago
7 years agoAlma Wilson United States7 years ago
7 years agoRich Cook United States7 years ago
7 years agoHilary Bishop United States7 years ago
7 years agoSandra Allen United States7 years ago