Keeping Our Neighborhood Safe
11 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
11 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- Category: Planning Commision
- Location of Interest: 1775 S. McClelland, Santa Maria, CA 93454
- McClelland street is lined by several community neighborhoods lining the east side of the street. Included are: 1 mobile home community, 1 assisted living for seniors and the disabled, and 2 condominium complexes. 3 of the 4 communities are family oriented. With all of these communities we need to ensure that our children and residents are safe.
- Currently, Community Solutions Inc. has applied for a business license to Rehabiltate paroled prisoners that are likely to be incarcerated again. The target parolees are ex-drug abusers, ex-gang members, and such. They are proposing a Santa Maria neighborhood day center, which will be a day reporting center for paroled prison inmates. This center could accommodate 50 parolees at a time.
- We, the undersigned, recognize the need for such a facility and are deeply compassionate to the need of these individuals to be re-incorporated into society. We would like to request that a new site be found, preferably in an industrial setting away from temptation, and without affecting the safety of the surrounding neighborhoods.
- We, the undersighned, request that Community Solutions Inc. find an alternative location for their business instead of 1775 S. McClelland Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454.
- Do you agree that this necessary action be put in place?
- If so, please sign our petition so your voice may be heard with ours.
Margaret Gorman, Neighborhood Homeowner