Hold Kreyos accountable for their Indiegogo Campaign Promises
On June 23, 2013 the Kreyos:The ONLY Smartwatch with Voice & Gesture Control campaign was started on Indigogo.com with a funding goal of $100, 000. While there were quite a few specifications for the watch, the following are the primary specs that were touted in both the campaign (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kreyos-the-only-smartwatch-with-voice-gesture-control/x/3735567#home) and their website (http://www.kreyos.com):
· Water Resistant Level - >5 meters
· Compatibility – iOS, Android, WP8
· Voice Control
· SDK with Desktop emulator
Keep in mind that these were just the base specs of the project. However, the project became so popular that it eventually raised $1,503,849, far beyond the initial project amount needed to complete this project. As a result, the following Stretch Goals were promised to the backers of the campaign:
· Stretch Goal #1 ($300,000): Gamification Platform
· Stretch Goal #2 ($600,000): Two Free Screen Protectors
· Stretch Goal #3 ($1,500,000): Sleep Tracking
After a successful campaign, Kreyos, in interviews with various media outlets, insisted that due to their prior construction of molds and development on the apps, that they would be delivered by the end of 2013 (http://upstart.bizjournals.com/companies/rebel-brands/2013/07/25/kreyos-smartwatch-production-on-track.html?page=all).
Over one year later, the watched have started shipping, but the final project is far from what was promised by the campaign (http://www.smartwatchforum.com/kreyos-meteor-release-date/).
· The watch is NOT water-resistant
· The Windows app is not released and all questions pertaining are either ignored or deleted from their Facebook account
· People who have received the watch cannot use voice control
· The speaker that stalled the project for a month is of such poor quality, it’s nearly useless.
· The SDK was never released to developers.
· The only stretch goal that was met was the free screen protectors.
- The echoing issue that held up production for months is still prevalent.
- The Company changed their refund policy 5 months after the campaign ended and only when more backers started requesting refunds.
Kreyos must be held accountable for their actions. We demand that Indiegogo investigate this matter and determine if Kreyos has violated the Indiegogo Terms of Service in regards to the proper fulfillment of Perks.