Get Etsy To Protect Artist
21 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
21 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Etsy is a site in which you may craft items and sell them for profit. In the art community, especially the digital side of the community, we have come across many copyright problems with Etsy. Even when copyright infringements are reported Etsy does not remove the items or images that violate copyright laws. This hurts the actual artist and companies who made the products/images in the first place.
By signing this petition you are asking Etsy:
1. to acknowledge when copyright's are being violated.
2. Actually remove the copyrighted products/ images to protect the original producers of said product/image.
3. Remove users who violate copyright laws.
4. Educate all on users copyright laws and why they are important, when users sign up for the site.(This should be done in a way user can not get around, by providing a quiz or something of the like) All existing users should go through the copyright education as well.
5. Artist. producers should be able to get their art/product removed from Etsy with proof of copyright. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to protect our own work. Here are the current conditions to get copyright works removed:https://www.etsy.com/ca/help/article/482/?ref=ftr