The youth is calling for the installation of Free WiFi Zones across local community centers of uMhlathuze townships to provide residents with internet access. These WiFi Zones will allow the people to access information on job opportunities, educational content for learning, online classes and connect us to the global community we live in.
BENEFITS OF FREE WIFI:
* Search Job Opportunities / Advertised Posts On The Internet
* Access to educational content for Assignments, Job Applications, Business Plans etc
* Building stronger online communities for Businesses.
* Local Economic Development
* Quicker information sharing network; enhances traditional means of communication.
* Exploitation of the Social Influencer market for benefit of the uMhlathuze people.
The Free WiFi model has started being implemented by certain municipalities across South Africa. uMhlathuze Municipality, being one of KZN’s leading municipalities, should be leading in investing in the future of the youth of uMhlathuze.
We have earmarked schools, public halls and local libraries as they key areas of focus.