Concern about Midwestern US Regional Director of DONA.
75 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
75 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Veronica Jacobsen will begin her position as Midwest Director of DONA effective January 1st.
The DONA Code of Ethics requires:
- Integrity. The doula should act in accordance with the highest standards of professional integrity. (Section I c).
- Respect, Fairness, and Courtesy. The doula should treat colleagues with respect, courtesy, fairness and good faith. (Section III a)
- Maintaining the Integrity of the Profession. The doula should uphold and advance the values, ethics, knowledge and mission of the profession (Section IV a).
- Propriety. The doula should maintain high standards of personal conduct in the capacity or identity as a birth doula (Section I a).
- Primacy of Client’s Interests. The doula’s primary responsibility is to her clients (Section II a).
Veronica's behavior, both in-person and via social media, has shown a clear violation of all five of the aforementioned pillars of the DONA Code of Ethics. By signing this petition, you are supporting that this appointment, to represent DONA doulas of the Midwestern Region of the US, will negatively impact both the reputation of DONA as an organization as well as individual doulas across a large region.