Chicopee Concerned Neighbours Association
**Please Note: A donation request will pop up after you sign the petition. Those donations go to the iPetitions site, they DO NOT go to the CCNA at all. If you wish to make a donation to the CCNA, please contact us directly and we will make arrangements.**
Developments facing our community:
- Cook Homes development in area 1
- Development of lands currently for sale in area 2
- Phase 2 of LRT marked 3 on map
- Further development of Grand River Hospital
- Development of Morrison Road land, site for new French school in area 4
- Any reuse of lands associated with Chicopee ski hills area 5
- Total site area 1.46 hectares but 1.44 hectares after Morrison Road widening
- 3 story, high density housing
- Number of units, 68
- Required floor space ratio is 0.6, proposed ratio is 0.56 which is lower than regulation and 7% overbuild i.e. 68 units should be 63 units
- The development is completely out of character with the detached
- The 68 housing units will result in 1.5 to 2.0 vehicles per unit or 102 –136 vehicles
- Other additional traffic will take the form of visitors and services such as lawn care, snow removal and garbage removal etc.
- The proposed entrance is off Morrison
- Left hand turns onto King are currently troublesome, a significant percentage of new households will exit using Manor Drive and/or Grand River Boulevard
- Significant tree removal was carried out without the required permit
- The land was previously legally used for manufacturing commercial signs using an array of chemicals i.e. paints, solvents etc.
- The older house on the site is the original area farmhouse and could have ground issues vis-à-vis the use of chemicals and oils associated with farm machinery etc.
- The City has not requested an Environmental Study Plan for the site
- Additionally the houses to be demolished may have asbestos and mold
Phase 2 LRT
The Phase 2 extension of the LRT to Cambridge will use the existing CP line along King Street which will mean…….
- Traffic flow changes due to a right-turn only junction at Morrison/King, this will push all left hand turning traffic onto Manor and/or Grand River
- The main entrance to Grand River Hospital could become a right-turn only junction too, resulting in all left-hand hospital traffic using Manor and/or Grand - River to reach the Morrison Road hospital entrance
- The Morrison-King junction could be completely closed in the future
By working together and becoming involved, we can influence development decisions in our community.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org