Cabarrus County Citizens AGAINST NC House Bill 463 Proposed by Rep. Larry Pittman
As a citizen of Cabarrus County, I respectfully ask the Members of the NC House of Representatives to VOTE NO to Proposed House Bill H463.
Representative Larry Pittman submitted this bill without consent or consideration to Representative Carl Ford, Representative Linda Johnson, our County Commission and our citizens.
I do not support H463 for the following reasons,
* In Proposed NC House Bill 463, ONLY Representative Larry Pittman proposed to increase the membership of the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners and to provide for six electoral districts and one at-large district; He did this without the consent of our other County Representatives, County Commissioners and Citizens.
* The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners nor the citizens of Cabarrus County were made aware of this proposal until March 13, 2015. At this meeting, it was agreed upon by Representative Pittman and our County Commissioners that any proposed bill would wait until the public had a chance to be made aware of such a proposal and get community input and feedback.
* H463 would limit our ability to vote on all County Commissioners.
* We ask that H463 be removed, so that all residents and representatives of Cabarrus County have an opportunity to have input and to decide as a community if we want to increase our County Commissioners. This would allow us the time to have community input as to whether electoral district based elections is right for our community or if our county commission should be increased based on the current at large district. This is not a decision that needs to be made outside of our county.
* We request that you VOTE NO on HB463, so that you give our citizens the time to make this very important governmental decision within our county lines. If H463 is passed as is, you will take away our voting rights based on the proposed bill submitted by only ONE of our FOUR state representatives.
* We request this time, so that the residents of Cabarrus County can have a say in the future of our community and not be forced into something by one man.
* We respectfully ask the Members of the NC House of Representatives to VOTE NO to Proposed House Bill H463.
We thank you for your time and service on this matter.
For more information on H463, here is the proposed bill - http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015/Bills/House/PDF....
The Citizens of Cabarrus County