Build South Bridge Transportation Corridor Petition
We the undersigned residents of Alberta, petition the Legislative Assembly to take into great consideration expediting the construction of a new bridge over North Saskatchewan River, South of the City of Fort Saskatchewan. A bridge that will:
- Become Northeast / East Capital Region Traffic Corridor
- Improve Safety – The new bridge will create a new corridor, eliminating congestion, traffic jams and delays that occur on a daily basis; providing the proper corridor for oversized loads that are currently being diverted onto undersized roads thus reducing hazards to Albertans.
- Boost the Regional and Provincial Economy – Construction of the new North Saskatchewan crossing will provide the Region an economic advantage for the 22 billion dollar industrial development proposed for the region which will utilize tens of thousands of employees crossing the North Saskatchewan River.
- Provide the transportation link to Fort McMurray and Highway 63 creating better traffic flow for Albertans.
- Support Mass Transit – The New North Saskatchewan Bridge would provide safe, structurally sound crossings with the needed width, strength and components to accommodate all forms of mass transit for both the near and long-term.
By signing this petition today we, the residents of Alberta, urge you to take action and invest in the construction of this bridge by putting funding in the Provincial budget. We understand that this bridge will be an investment in the entire Capital Region and the Province.