Build Park in Harpers Mill
103 signers. Add your name now!
103 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- This petition is for Oakbridge Corporation, the entity that owns the common areas and developing areas of the master-planned community known as Harpers Mill in Chesterfield, Virginia.
- The homeowners and purchasers of homes being built in Harpers Mill (hereinafter known as "we") desire to live in a community with amenities such as parks, trails, pools, etc.
- Many communities in the Greater Richmond area have been developing amenities to attract home purchasers and remain competitive.
- Recently a community in Henrico, Virginia known as River Mill built a park that has a pavilion, outdoor kitchen, large fire pit, hammock garden, lighted trails, and on site bathrooms.
- We believe Harpers Mill should have a park similar to this one built in a common area.
- Further, we believe amenities such as a park of this stature along with trails and other amenities are necessary to ensure our home values stay competitive.
- Further, we believe amenities such as parks, trails, another pool, splash parks, etc. are necessary for Harpers Mill to become the desirable neighborhood as advertised.
- Further, Harpers Mill advertises on signs in the community, its website, and its brochure that it will have amenities such as trails, parks, and a splash park.
- Further and to clarify, we do not ask in this petition that Harpers Mill build a park similar to the one described above instead of or in substitution of a second planned pool or second planned clubhouse.
- Further, Harpers Mill is saving funds this summer by closing its pool in response to the Governor's Executive Orders.
- The saved funds should be used for building advertised amentiies, such as pools or trails.
- We believe a second planned pool, second planned clubhouse, and second planned playground are necessary for a master planned community of Harpers Mill's size.
- Instead, we request a park similar to the one described above be built in a planned park for Harpers Mill.
- Further, we believe that a park such as one with a pavilion, seating area, cooking area, on site bathrooms, and open space could generate Harpers Mill revenue by having the park rented out for parties and other events.
- An amenity that can generate revenue will have a lasting impact on a community and it potentially can generate enough revenue to break even or make a profit.
- Further, we believe a park similar to this one will create more of a community in Harpers Mill, giving residents a place to relax and socialize.
- Therefore, we request Oakbridge Corporation to develop and build a park similar to the one described above in Harpers Mill.