Brooks Reach bus review
We seek that Wollongong Shire Council and Transport NSW table and address the following concerns pertaining to Brooks Reach Estate, Horsley NSW 2530, at their next Traffic Safety Committee meeting.
- Large buses causing disturbances, noise, traffic issues and pedestrian safety issues
- Frequency and size buses is not justified given the low passenger count and small scope of entire route (Dapto Mall and return)
- Formed bus bay on Bong Bong Road is not used
- Routes and bus stop locations need reconsideration for the privacy and peace of residents
- Future shops at Bong Bong Town Centre may reduce the need for the already under utilised bus service
We are NOT requesting the service be removed as people need it. We are requesting the service be delivered sensibly with more thought to the privacy, peace and safety of residents, especially those who live along the route.
An expanded document with potential solutions will be forwarded along with signatures collected in this petition, to show the shared views of rate payers and achieve a positive, agreeable outcome.
The same will be forwarded to Stockland developers for information, and to the local member for Parliament, the Hon. Sharon Bird MP, in the case of inaction or no response from the relevant authorities.