Vote NO to rezoning 1222 Patrick Henry Dr.
62 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
62 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
A property developer has filed a proposal (RZN18-0008/ORD 1872) with the Town of Blacksburg to change the zoning of 1222 Patrick Henry Dr. from R5 to Planned Residential (PR). See more information at http://www.VoteNoOn1222.net.
We, the undersigned, are opposed to any rezoning of the property not currently envisioned by the Town of Blacksburg’s Comprehensive Plan because it will have a negative impact on our quality of life. Specifically, we reject any higher density residential development of this parcel as it will:
- cause more overflow parking in our neighborhood
- cause an inordinate amount of light pollution
- increase the amount of noise
- adversely impact our property values
- increase trash and broken glass along the path and in the green space/neighbor’s yards
- increase traffic congestion along Patrick Henry Drive, Progress Street, and Tom’s Creek Road
- set a precedent of increasing density on properties adjacent to single family homes