We Want Clean Public Water NOW!
WE WANT PUBLIC WATER, TOO!
New York American Water is a private corporate monopoly that is holding us hostage – profiting from our most basic necessity – our water!
WHY SHOULD WE PAY 10X MORE FOR OUR WATER THAN OUR NEIGHBORS WITH PUBLIC MUNICIPAL WATER?
IT’S UNFAIR AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
SIGN A PETITION TO TELL GOVERNOR CUOMO AND OUR STATE REPRESENTATIVES THAT “WE WANT PUBLIC WATER.” TO START, PLEASE:
1. Rescind the May 18, 2017 Rate Order that Established High Rates Based on Erroneous Numbers and Revoke NYAW’s franchise and/or charter to supply water in the State of New York;
2. Sanction and commence such other disciplinary action against NYAW for violating the public trust as authorized under the public service laws;
3. Fund a feasibility study by the NYS Comptroller of the most efficient, effective and economical means to provide public water to all residents of Nassau County; and
4. Sign an Executive Order or ask the State Legislature to reconvene for emergency legislation to amend RPTL § 485-D to allow counties as well as cities with a population over one million to make water works corporation properties tax exempt.
5. Fund a NYS Health Dept and Dept. of Environmental Conservation study of the quality of water supplied by NYAW and its impact on public health.