VOTE NO on rezoning 3964 Chamblee Tucker Road
There is an application to rezone 1.48 acres at 3964 Chamblee Tucker Road from R-100 (Residential Medium) to OIT (Office-Institutional-Transitional) for the development of a place of worship. The plan is to retrofit an existing home on the property into a place of worship. In addition, pavement would be added to allow for parking for 43 cars.
We, the undersigned, call on Dekalb County Commissioners to VOTE NO on rezoning the property located at 3964 Chamblee Tucker Road from R-100 to OIT for the following reasons:
1. The property was zoned R-100 when it was purchased in October 2021.
2. All of the surrounding areas are zoned R-100. OIT zoning is inconsistent with the zoning pattern of the surrounding area.
3. Office-Institutional-Transitional (OIT) zoning should be applied to transitional areas, such as near a neighborhood center or town center character area.
4. Rezoning this property would set a dangerous precedent. One neighbor has already said that he would apply to rezone his nearby lots if this proposal passes. The character of surrounding neighborhoods could rapidly be destroyed.
5. Rezoning will negatively impact all the surrounding neighbors, whose properties conform to the existing zoning, for the benefit of one entity.
6. Activities, meetings, and events have already taken place at this location, in violation of existing zoning, permitting, and ordinances.