Traffic calming assessment for Diann Dr, Greentree Trail & Pullen Lane
The Department of Public Works at the City of South Fulton received a request to implement traffic control measures, i.e., speed humps, on Diann Dr, Greentree Trail & Pullen Lane to address speeding issues.Prior to signing this petition, the department strongly encourages you to familiarize yourself with Traffic Calming Policy 2019-009 for the city that outlines the process, roles, and responsibilities of the city and the applicant, as well as different types of traffic calming measures. The documents are attached for your information and use. I am available for assistance, if needed.
- To conduct a traffic study, the Department will not consider an initial interest petition unless at least Seventy-Five (75%) percent of the real property owners or rental occupants on the residential street are in favor of the traffic study. Only (1) real property owner or renter for each street address may sign the initial interest petition.
- The initial interest petition shall be completed no later than forty- five (45) days after the date the Department issues the initial interest petition.
- Whenthe need is warranted, in order to be eligible for the installation of traffic calming measure the initiator must secure signatures representing 80% of property owners in the neighborhood and 90% of the property owners along the affected road affirm their support for installation of a traffic calming device.
- All installation costs will be funded by a source approved by the City of South Fulton Council (most frequently the Homeowner’s Association,) and the City will act as project administrator.
- The City will offer advice and assistance with the implementation process as appropriate. City personnel will inspect and approve the construction of all devices to ensure that they meet the design criteria.
- Repair and maintenance of all traffic calming devices will be the responsibility of the Homeowners Association unless other arrangements are made with the City.
Please indicate on whether you are in favor conducting a traffic study on Diann Dr, Greentree Trail & Pullen Lane.