Sustainable Seafood for Top Chef!
Today our oceans are plagued not only by climate change, but also commercial fishing. Fish like Chilean Seabass and Bluefin Tuna that were plentiful a mere hundred years ago are now almost extinct. As consumers, our money counts as a vote towards what we want. However, without enough voices asking for what is right it will be almost impossible to change the fishing industry. Therefore, let us turn to our televisions--specifically to Bravo Network's Top Chef and Top Chef Masters to be responsible and only use and promote sustainable seafood. By having Top Chef only use sustainable seafood, we can send a message to the culinary world and average people that where food comes from matters.
- If you want to continue enjoying seafood for the remainder of your lifetime
- If you do not want to consume mercury and harmful PCBs when enjoying a meal with fish
- If you want to protect turtles, sharks, and dolphins that die needlessly from the use of longlines, gillnets, and purse seine nets
- If you want to protect coral reefs and other ocean habitats from trawlers and pollution
- If you want to stop pollution, disease, escapes, and the wasteful use of wild fish due to bad aquaculture (fish farming)
- If you want to stop overfishing, illegal fishing, habitat damage, bycatch, and enforce good management
Then please sign this petition to ask Top Chef and Top Chef Masters to be responsible and only use sustainable seafood.