The Title IX Rights of Students To File Complaints About Sexual Harassment
25 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
25 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Please sign this as a public reminder that you will do your best to follow this particular part of Title XI as the following shows:
Schools requiring procedures for students to file complaints of sexual abuse
- Every complaint has the right to be heard in his/her case
- Each file that is made towards that schools, the school has to allow a complete investigation, inform the different people in case about the outcome, and allow people to return to court if they wish
- Every person that a files a complaint the outcome of the complaint has to be decided using standard evidence which means you can't infer that the person is guilty without proof
- Victims have the right to request that their perpetrator to not be in the same classes with them, request that the perpetrator stays away from them, and the perpetrator not allowed on campus for a certain amount of time
- All people involved with the case have to be notified with the end result
- Sometimes victims feel like they can solve the problem with a mediator, but if they feel that they would like to take it to the police and make it a formal case, they have that right