The Old Sonoma Road Neighborhood Coalition HHS Balanced Proposal
To: Napa County Supervisors and Napa City Council
The Old Sonoma Road
Neighborhood Coalition advocates for a “balanced proposal” for
restoration and development of the HHS site as follows:
1. A balanced proposal for (1) affordable housing, (2) historic preservation and (3) neighborhood conservation.
2. Provide 85 new housing units to include affordable, owner-occupied market-rate and senior housing.
3. Allocate onsite parking for 2 spaces per unit plus 50 visitor spaces (same as the new Gasser development).
4. Restore and repurpose the historical buildings to create 15 additional housing units. A maximum 100 total housing units.
5. Preserve the grassy crescent for green space, a public park and the overall natural beauty for all passersby to experience. Preserve the mature trees on site.
6. Ensure a safe environment for the residents of nearby neighborhoods by mitigating traffic to protect local residential streets from becoming arterials.
7. Implement both an architectural design and quality construction that preserves and reflects the historic character of the neighborhood.
This is a balanced proposal that would meet the needs of all stakeholders (housing advocates, county officials, residential neighbors, cultural preservationists and of course, future tenants).