The Federation Parents Debate
18 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
18 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
I am a parent/carer of a child at Kingswood/Paxton/Elmwood.
- I do not want the Board of Governors to make a final decision on academy status until parents have had the chance to be properly consulted. This should be after the planned public forum on the 12th of January and after a vote.
- If an initial view is taken on 08th December, it should be published as soon as possible and not wait until the 12th January.
- The public forum in January should be at least one at each school, at times which all parents can attend and have speakers who can present the arguments for and against academy status. All, not some, of the governors should be present to answer questions.
- The final decision on whether the schools become an academy to be based on a vote by parents, with enough parents at each school voting.
- All staff at each school should be able to vote.
- We want the results of the consultation published and all responses should be made available for scrutiny by parents and staff who are independent of the Governors.
- The results of the vote should also be published before the Board of Governors makes its decision.