TELL PRESIDENT BARCHI: WHAT ARE YOU "SICK OF" WHEN IT COME TO YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS AT RUTGERS?
Grad workers teach at Rutgers University
Grad workers research at Rutigers University
Grad workers pay tuition at Rutgers University
Grad workers CARRY Rutgers University
And now grad workers are organized through their union and they are demanding respect and proper recognition of their work through:
- Salary raises - $4,000 in the first year of the contract
- Union recognition as TAs & GAs for hourly workers, PTLs, etc
- Unified pay, benefits and protections across TA, GA, and fellow positions
- Funds allocated to the specific needs of international grad workers, grad workers with children, and grad workers in need of emergency funds and funds for housing
So far, the administration has given almost no or little response to the grad worker bargaining platform. But they can't wait us out forever, and they can't ignore our issues. That's why we ask that you sign this statement and beneath your name we want you to write two things
- What you're "sick of" in terms of grad working conditions -- working more than 15 hours a week, etc.
- 2. What you need now to make your working experience better - whether it be a raise, a better funded position, protections from harassment, etc.
Sign today and your union will begin forwarding your responses to the ultimate decision-maker in this campaign, President Barchi.
Remember, grad workers CARRY this university and all the boss is counting on is that you'll remain SILENT while they continue to exploit you. Use your voice! If grads come together to fight, we will WIN!