Tell BOS to DENY Wegmans Rezoning Request
PROTECT HANOVER! Please sign this Petition to tell the Hanover Board of Supervisors to DENY the Wegmans Rezoning Request scheduled for a public hearing on May 6, 2020.
Who? Governor Ralph Northam and Hanover Board negotiated a SECRET deal to gift 6.77 million of YOUR state and local tax dollars to a New York billionaire family business.
What? Wegmans wants to build a Pentagon-sized truck terminal with 1,200 truck trips per day.
When? Construction starts ASAP and facility runs 24 hours per day for 365 days per year.
Where? Sliding Hill & Ashcake near 10 major subdivisions and seven local schools.
Why DENY? A vote to DENY the Wegmans Rezoning Request:
- Saves our roads (95, 295, Route 1, Route 301) from constant traffic jams
- Saves our tax money for Hanover schools & students and County employees
- Saves our local environment, wetlands, wildlife habitat, and historical features
- Saves the quality of life, health, and home values of thousands of local families
- Saves our tax money for road improvements in Cold Harbor & Mechanicsville
- Saves our tax money for extending internet access to Beaverdam & South Anna
- Saves our agricultural-zoned land in rural Hanover from more industrial creep
Summary: The Wegmans deal is a BAD DEAL and this site is a BAD SITE that sets a BAD PRECEDENT for anybody who lives in any district that faces future industrial development.
What Can I Do? Please sign this Petition to tell the Hanover Board of Supervisors to DENY the Wegmans Rezoning Request scheduled for a public hearing on May 6, 2020.