Support Fr. Lappe's Youth Ministry Vision
172 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
172 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
I enthusiastically endorse Father Derek Lappe's vision for youth ministry, described in his letter of May 26, 2013 as the best vision for youth ministry for the following reasons:
- it provides youth activities for any and all youth
- it offers strong mentors who are good examples of Christian men and women
- it challenges kids to live the virtues
- it teaches the truth in a very confused world
- it invites youth into a friendship with Jesus Christ that can heal past hurts
- it offers a program that cultivates authentically masculine and feminine identities
- it does not put public opinion ahead of the good of the boys and young men
- it does not pretend that polls can trump the truths about sexuality and humanity that are revealed to us, first of all by natural law, and confirmed in Sacred Scripture and the teaching of the Catholic Church
Our goal is to collect over 3000 signatures and to deliver them to Archbishop Sartain to show our support for Fr. Lappe's vision. Please help us by sharing with others!