Dain Gosbee 0

Stronger enforcement against parents who abduct their children

11 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
Dain Gosbee 0 Comments
11 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

I am involved in a divorce/custody battle where my wife, and her parents, have literally colluded together and wrongfully retained my daughter. The situation becomes more complicated as immediately preceding our physical and marital separation, we were all working as U.S. military civilians in Germany. As of this writing, absolutely no order has been written dividing custody or property. No interim orders, nothing.

My wife is still working as a military civilian, and as such she clearly falls under the 2008 "MEMORANDUM FOR SECRETARIES OF THE MILITARY DEPARTMENTS -SUBJECT: UCMJ Jurisdiction Over DoD Civilian Employees". I have included that document in this email.

My wife, my daughter, and myself are all U.S. Citizens. We have absolutely no family ties to Germany. The only connection we have to the country is work, nothing more, and when the work contract is finished, my wife will be forced to return to the United States.

Currently the case is before two separate courts, One in the United States, specifically Vermont, and one in Germany, specifically Kaiserslautern. We are also currently at a stalemate with both courts and my wife continues to deny me any access to my daughter, along with refusing to answer any of my communications. Last November, the family court in Vermont issued an emergency relief for parent child contact order so that I could speak with my daughter through Skype and the telephone. My wife has refused to follow this order as of the last two months. The officials in Germany have said that they are not completely certain what United States court orders they can enforce. In this situation, everyone keeps passing the buck while my wife continues to dodges United States law.

I am uncertain of exactly what to do in this circumstance, but one thing is absolutely sure. My parental rights still stand as no order has been issued to the contrary, and my daughter's right to see me and my parents has been grossly violated. I have appealed an innumerable amount of times to my wife and her family, to come to their senses and stop what they are doing. Something more must be done.

Please share this and maybe you have some helpful information.

Thank you a lot!

Share for Success