Support an Active Transportation Plan in Stratford & Perth County (Ontario, Canada)
106 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
106 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- A vibrant and continuously-improving active transportation system that includes cycling infrastructure is a core element of a safe, healthy and sustainable city;
- The City of Stratford and the County of Perth are generally safe places to cycle, though improvements can and should be made immediately to their active transportation systems;
- The City has a useful 20-year active transportation plan that has been implemented slowly and needs to be updated.
We, the undersigned, ask that:
- The City of Stratford and County of Perth review, revise and accelerate the implementation of their active transportation and cycling plans, programs and infrastructure investments;
- The City fulfill its commitment to support active transportation programs and infrastructure at a consistent level of 2% of annual capital spending (i.e. about $400,000 per year over the next 15 years) and dedicate time from engineering staff to guide its implementation; and
- The City and County become provincial leaders in active transportation, in conjunction with other environmental/climate actions, to make our communities better, more resilient and more sustainable places to live.