Support an Active Transportation Plan in Stratford & Perth County (Ontario, Canada)
98 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
98 people have signed. Add your voice!
Erika Mahy signed recently
Terry Robinson signed recently
- A vibrant and continuously-improving active transportation system that includes cycling infrastructure is a core element of a safe, healthy and sustainable city;
- The City of Stratford and the County of Perth are generally safe places to cycle, though improvements can and should be made immediately to their active transportation systems;
- The City has a useful 20-year active transportation plan that has been implemented slowly and needs to be updated.
We, the undersigned, ask that:
- The City of Stratford and County of Perth review, revise and accelerate the implementation of their active transportation and cycling plans, programs and infrastructure investments;
- The City fulfill its commitment to support active transportation programs and infrastructure at a consistent level of 2% of annual capital spending (i.e. about $400,000 per year over the next 15 years) and dedicate time from engineering staff to guide its implementation; and
- The City and County become provincial leaders in active transportation, in conjunction with other environmental/climate actions, to make our communities better, more resilient and more sustainable places to live.