Say NO to the Development at Weir Quay.
by signing this petition.
What is happening at Weir Quay?
The WQ Watersport club has proposed a planning application for a 2,5 acres new development. This will include two parts A&B.
Planning A: Boathouse and Carpark
Planning B: a Clubhouse
Why are we against it?
1. This AONB site is a National Treasure
2. It will increase traffic especially if the clubhouse is built
3. The locals only have access to 400 yards of road beside the river. This development is right in the middle of it.
4. The clubs will use all the availabe parking.
5. The majority of the members of the WQ watersport club are from outside of the parish.
6. The first priority use of Weir Quay should be for the residents of the parish who typically drive down and park and either look or walk along the road or foreshore to enjoy the peace and unique unspoilt beauty.
7. The majority dont want the area to be developed.
8. Most of all it sets a precedent for further development at Weir Quay.
What is an acceptable solution for the majority of the community.
To build a raised wooden boathouse on the foreshore so it does not scar the landscape which the proposed development would.
DON'T FORGET to write your home address /views in the comment box .