STOP the $3,950,000 Illegal & Unconstitutional Giveaway in WCL!
If you agree with the letter to this petition to the Bergen County Tax Board below, please indicate by signing.
This petition signed by the Taxpayers of Woodcliff Lake calls on the Bergen County Tax Board “BCTB” Commissioners to immediately remove Mr. James Anzevino as Assessor for the Borough. The basis for this demand is found in the NJ Division of Taxation’s investigation and the BCTB Minutes.
Mr. Anzevino “advised and recommended” the Borough Council to pass Resolution No. 14-19.
The Division of Taxation investigated Resolution No. 14-19, determining it is:
- “is improper based on the municipality not having the authority”
- “…a municipal governing body has no legal authority”
- completely inequitable and antithetical.”
Shockingly, on Feb. 8th, Mr. Anzevino again in Resolution 21-51 advised the Council in an identical manner which the Division of Taxation had discredited. Mr. Anzevino is unrestrained, not bound by the law; his recommendations are unconscionable, occurring less than a year after the investigation in which he was interviewed and admonished for his negligence.
We demand the BTCB fulfill its mission and take immediate action prior to March 3, 2021 including:
- Immediate removal of Mr. Anzevino as Woodcliff Lake Tax Assessor for cause;
- Letters of reprimand sent before the next Council meeting on March 1, 2021 to those recommending Resolution No. 14-19 & No. 21-51.
- Mr. Ken Porro Special Counsel
- Mr. Brian McNerney Appraiser
- Mr. John Schettino Borough attorney
- Mayor Rendo, advocated as mayor and as Councilman he voted for it.
The Bergen County Tax Board “BCTB” acknowledges its responsibility in this urgent matter as stated in its June 12, 2019 minutes signed by Administrator Layton:
“Our functions is to oversee the… assessors and see that they do their job.
The March 13, 2020 Report is pointed:
“the Division of Taxation contacted and met with James Anzevino, Woodcliff Lake Tax Assessor; Robert Layton, County Tax Administrator…” The results are recorded in a highly detailed seven (7) page report dated March 13, 2020. Messrs. Layton and Anzevino were cc’d; all Commissioners, Borough officials, and Council members should have received copies from them; its findings are very disturbing.
We desire good and accountable government and abhor the destabilizing of our community by those who act with a reckless disregard for the law and the NJ State Constitution. The Undersigned, Taxpayers of Woodcliff Lake, demand immediate action as to prevent any further harm being done to our community.