STOP! Aids Hospice/Orphanage/Social Housing/Chapel/Crèche/Education Centre Development in Kibler Park
Stop Aids Hospice / Orphanage/ Crèche/ Chapel/ Social Housing Units / Education Centre being Developed in Kibler Park
We as the communities of Kibler Park, Alveda Park and the surrounding areas affected hereby wish to raise our objection to the establishment and development of an Aids Orphanage, Hospice, Social Housing Units, Crèche, Chapel and Aids Awareness and Education Centre on the Farm Olifantsvlei 327-IQ, Portion 115 (extent 47264 square meters or 4.72 Hectares) situated on Gordon Road, Kibler Park (next to Danie Theron Primary School) on the following grounds:
- An NGO facility (Non Governmental Organisation) called Nkosi's Haven which has been in existence since 1999 is situated 4.2 km from the proposed development site. Nkosi's Haven offers holistic care and support for destitute HIV/Aids infected mothers, their children and resulting aids orphans. (Whether these orphans are infected or not).
- Infrastructure and services in the area are under severe pressure due to the extent of development currently in the area. (This includes electricity supply, water supply and sewerage services)
- Only one primary school and one secondary school currently in the area would not be able to cope with the additional learners being introduced to the area.
- The increased traffic volume on Gordon Road, Kibler Park which is already suffering from high levels of congestion (especially during morning and afternoon peak periods).
- Gordon Road, Kibler Park not being able to carry the increased load of construction vehicles with the resultant physical damage to the road service, noise and disruption to the residents of the surrounding areas.
- The environmental impact of increased dust/noise levels to the area during construction.
- Already elevated crime levels in Kibler Park / Alveda Park and surrounding areas could potentially increase with the additional inflow of traffic to the area during and after construction of these facilities.
- No direct benefit to Kibler Park / Alveda Park and surrounding areas as the facility is being planned for residents from outside the development area.