The senior class was informed that they will not be allowed to bring outside guests to prom this year. This class has been short-changed on so many levels, due to the COVID virus. They did not get their junior prom and have not been able to be together as a class and enjoy most senior activities/bonding like normal. They've finally been given the green light to have a prom and now they cannot bring outside guests. I believe that this is short-sighted and unnecessary for the following reasons:
- The football season, which only ended one week ago, was allowed to happen - these players had very close physical contact with other players from other schools. How is prom any different?
- Due to the small size of the class, and the venue being outdoors, the maximum allowed number of guests would not be reached by state standards.
- State regulations limit 150: https://www.mass.gov/doc/appendix-to-covid-19-orde...
- Prom is on the last day of school for the seniors. They will therefore not be back at school after prom.
- The guests that these students want to bring are close enough contacts to the students already. Students are already hanging out with them on a regular basis. There is no greater threat to the Quaboag school population than there already is.
- Guests could be required to bring a negative COVID test or do a rapid test on site before entering.
Please show your support of the senior class and sign this petition in support of permitting outside guests under normal school guidelines!