Say No to Alcohol at Aliso Viejo Stadium Theater
On Jan 7, 2015 at 6:30pm, the Aliso Viejo City Council will meet to vote whether to allow alcohol to be served at the Edwards Aliso Viejo Stadium Theater. As concerned parents and neighbors, we must make our voices heard.
Why we care about keeping our theater alcohol-free:
- We support a family-friendly theater, which isa safe environment for kids and teenagers.
- We care about teenage accessibility or early exposure to alcohol.
- We advocate protecting teenagers, balancing vs.a corporation's desire to increase profits. There are other ways for theaters to improve revenues without risking children.
- There are other easy waysfor adults who want to watch a movie and drink, such as the Cinepolis Luxury Cinema in Laguna Niguel.
- Unlike an open restaurant, a theater is a unique environment. The rooms are dark and patrons are in close quarters. Once a movie starts, it is hard to imagine anyone closely patrolling.
- Parents should not have the burden of worrying if a movie theater is being secured or monitored.
This is one of the last safe places where we can go as a family or to drop our teenagers off to have fun with their friends. Let's do our part to keep it that way!