SAVE HUDSON! STOP THE WAREHOUSE!
We, the residents of Hudson, MA and the surrounding area, strongly oppose the Portman Industrial proposal to develop the property owned by Intel at 75 Reed Road into a 1.2 MILLION Sq. ft. warehouse. This development will have a detrimental and irreversible impact on our town and the greater community in the following ways:
- TRAFFIC: 190 trailer truck loading docks, parking for an additional 724 trailer trucks and 446 employee vehicles will create constant and unbearable gridlock and congestion on 495 exit and on-ramps, routes 85, 27 and 20 and beyond, as well as backups at intersections and gas stations, prohibiting the flow of every day traffic.
- PUBLIC SAFETY: Hundreds of trailer trucks and cars coming and going to support this 24/7/365 operation will create a safety issues for the nearby elderly communities, daycare and schools, on both sidewalks, crosswalks and intersections.
- LIGHT & NOISE: The 24/7/365 operation will cause continuous and disruptive light pollution, noise and distress from the use of truck back up alarms, public address systems, constant movement of trailer trucks, vans and vehicles throughout residential roads and the use of “Jake brakes”.
- ENVIRONMENT: Excessive diesel fume emissions, air pollution, water use, proximity to wetlands and lake, destruction of mature trees
- HEALTH: Constant diesel emissions have been proven in multiple studies to negatively affect residents in a 2 mile radius from such a facility. This will adversely affect everyone but especially the thousands of residents in this circumference with a deepened concern for the retirement communities, daycare and schools in the direct vicinity.
- RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY DEVALUATION: Property values are expected to decrease due to apprehensive buyers from the issues outlined above.
For the reasons listed above and more, we, the undersigned residents of Hudson, MA and the surrounding community are strongly opposed to the Portman Industrial proposal and demand the Town of Hudson’s Planning Board and Board of Selectman deny any and all permitting for this detrimental project. A facility of this size and scope, in an established residential area that does not directly abut a major highway, is the wrong project for the property at 75 Reed Road.
PLEASE NOTE: After signing this petition you may be prompted to make a contribution. ANY CONTRIBUTIONS MADE ON THIS WEBSITE DO NOT SUPPORT OUR CAUSE. iPetitions is asking for contributions to maintain their website. Again, please do not make a contribution thinking it would support this campaign, it does not. This online petition is ONLY for collecting signatures supporting the opposition of this warehouse.