Save Elings Park South
The unspoiled beauty of Elings Park South, where one can still enjoy starlit night skies, is the largest natural area under protection of the City & County of Santa Barbara.
Elings Park Foundation, however, has a huge development plan for this park area:
* a 55,000 sq. ft. BMX track with starting
gates covering 1.57 acres of currently
* four 8-feet tall spectator bleachers,
amplified PA system, and lights for night
* 1,350 sq. ft. park office building (16-feet
* Individual picnic areas;
* frisbee golf course area; and
* re-zoning from "undeveloped parkland" to
Concerned citizens are opposed this development for the following reasons:
1) The proposed major constructions violates the S.B. County "Covenant Restricting Use" agreed to by the Park Foundation in 1999.
2) The proposed BMX track night time operations will cause light pollution.
3) The proposed amplified PA system at the BMX track will cause noise pollution.
4) Increased use in Elings South will necessarily increase traffic in the area.
5) A negative impact on its wildlife
6) The above proposed developments can conveniently "pave the way" for other future developments, particularly with re-zoning of the area.
We are IN SUPPORT of the construction of a FRISBEE GOLF COURSE and INDIVIDUAL PICNIC AREAS.
If you are opposed to this development plan, please sign our petition. IMPORTANT NOTE: AFTER YOU SIGN THE PETITION, YOU WILL SENT TO A PAGE ASKING FOR A DONATION TO I-PETITIONS TO SUPPORT THEIR FREE SERVICE. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DONATE TO I-PETITION; YOUR NAME WILL BE REGISTERED ON THE PETITION WHETHER OR NOT YOU DONATE. Learn more at: http://www.SaveElingsParkSouth.org Contact: Theo Kracke SaveElingsParkSouth@gmail.com