SAVE THE EQUESTRIAN CENTER AT THE RESERVE AT LAKE TRAVIS!!
Recently McCombs Enterprises announced their intent to close the equestrian center at The Reserve at Lake Travis and repurpose the area to include development of 20+ cottages.
We the undersigned homeowners, lot owners, tenants of the equestrian center, neighbors of The Reserve, and other interested parties OBJECT TO THIS ACTION to remove the cornerstone amenity, and subsequent plan to re-develop the property.
- The equestrian center has been marketed as a unique amenity, setting The Reserve apart from other lake communities.
- Homeowners, lot owners, and prospective new buyers relied on the existence of the equestrian center when making decisions to buy and build at the Reserve.
- Existing lot owners made site selection decisions based on proximity to the equestrian center.
- The community and property values at The Reserve will be negatively affected by this decision.
- Future homeowners, currently negotiating purchases have stated they WILL NOT proceed with their decision to purchase in The Reserve based on this announcement.
- Existing homeowners purchased with the prospect of taking lessons and/or owning a horse in the future and boarding those horses at the equestrian center.
- The equestrian center currently serves 30 families through boarding and lessons, who will be displaced by this decision.
It is the demand of the petitioners that McCombs Enterprises leave the equestrian center in tact as the amenity that creates the uniqueness of The Reserve.