Save the Campus Nurse
Health Services has already been cut in half and there is a possibliity of eliminating the Campus Nurse position during the next budget meeting. Currently the services are conveniently located on campus and free! If cut, then students will be expected to manage their illnesses and injuries on their own. Additional services lost will include:
- No one available to see students for health concerns and questions
- No longer have help making appointments and navigating the health care industry
- No longer have help with insurance issues
- No longer have access to confidential pregnancy testing plus STD/STI referrals
- Will lose health promotion information and events
- No one to help students with personal emergency plans
- The college will lose someone who teaches CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Alcohol Awareness to students and staff
- The college will lose someone to manage student's Health Forms and Immunizations
- First Aid kits will no longer be refilled and available
- International students will lose valuable resource to support their health, manage TB tests, and international immunization records
- Parents will lose valuable contact for health concerns, resources, questions, etc.
- And so much more...