Rescue Candlewood Mountain
A Developer wants to clear-cut the mountain to build a solar plant
Did you know?
The proposed Project Area consists of approximately 89.4 acres of land including the facility, 75,000 solar PV panels and eight (8) inverters solar panels, electric interconnection route and access road.
The project will require the clear cutting of approximately 70 acres of core forest. It will also utilize 14+ acres of farmland.
Solar negotiated with the Mayor and Town Council for a tax abatement, without which, they could not afford to do this project. Plus the town has given up any right to Audits, Inspection of Records or Request for Declarations. In other words, for the next 20 years New Milford taxpayers will be subsidizing this utility so they can realize profits for their investors.How you can help:
1. Sign our petition by entering your information on the right-hand side of this page.
2. Sign up for our e-newsletter and informational mailings.
3. Attend the Siting Council hearing on September 26.
4. Talk to your friends, family and neighbors. Get them involved!
a. Download the petition, print and share.
b. Download the Flyer and distribute.
5. Like, share and post to our Facebook page, RESCUE Candlewood Mountain.
6. Put a lawn sign in your yard. A homemade sign is worth a thousand words!
7. Write or email Mayor David Gronbach and the Town Council to let them know you are against this project. Tell them to represent you at the Siting Council.
- Mayor David Gronbach, Mayor@NewMilford.org, 860-355-6010, 10 Main Street, New Milford, CT 06776
- New Milford Town Council, TownCouncil@NewMilford.org, 10 Main Street, New Milford, CT 06776
8. Write a letter to the editor:
- Greater New Milford Spectrum and News Times: Jean Dubail, email@example.com
- Republican American:firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Litchfield County Times: https://www.countytimes.com/site/forms/online_serv...