Request for resignation
In our Opinion:
Be it resolved that the parents and community of Chimacum, Washington school district, and citizens within the district borders hereby declare that we have no confidence in the leadership of Superintendent, Rick Thompson, and call for his contract with the Chimacum School District to be terminated immediately by the elected Chimacum School Board, for cause as numerated in the following;
Whereas: There is widespread public dissatisfaction with the superintendent's leadership. Superintendent Thompson's employment has been marked by unprecedented turmoil within the district. Since he was hired, his frivolous decision making process in regards to both employment and termination have been highly questionable. The standards of Mr Thompson's choices in this regard have been characterized as irresponsible fiscal management and failed compliance.
* With a 20% decrease in student enrollment in the last four years, due directly to Mr. Thompson's blatant disregard and lack of respect to both parents and children.
* Superintendent Thompson has complete disregard of parents and teachers legitimate concerns about numerous issues within the district and has ineffective public relations; he has refused to answer parent questions or could not answer them. Such miss-management has resulted in needless disenfranchisement of faculty, staff, students and parents.
* Superintendent Thompson's actions have directly resulted in weakening the schools parent/teacher involvement and created obstacles to the economic health of the teacher/parent community.
* Muting teachers with threats of termination of employment.
* Cut back in state funding causing reconfiguration of student body placement, while still accepting an undeserving raise.
* A lack of transparency.
* An absence of presence throughout the schools.
* Cutting much needed student aide in the classroom.
Therefore: If you would like to see this school district succeed; we call upon the board, to stand behind their oath in being the diplomatic voice of the community and immediately terminate superintendent Rick Thompson for cause.