Raise the speed limit on Golden Spike Road
Golden Spike road is located in the Spruce Grove industrial area. The current speed limit on this stretch of road is 50km/hr. The speed limit is regularly enforced by photo radar.
50km/hr is to slow of a speed limit for this section. Golden Spike road is used by many as a main entrance and exit to the city.
Reasons to raise the speed limit:
- There is absolutely no residential housing in the area
- There are no sidewalks or heavy pedestrian traffic
- The road is twined and separated by medians, complete with turning lanes
- There is a service road running parallel with the road for slower industrial traffic
- There have been very few issues, incidents, or accidents due to speed
Please sign this petition to have the speed limit raised on Golden Spike road to at least 60km/hr.