Public Safety/VSP Public Safety Answering Points
92 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
92 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We respectfully request that the Governor of Vermont and the Commisioner of Public Safety review the current proposed budget cuts recording consolidation and see alternate cost savings measures to preserve the four Department of Public Safety/Vermont State Police Public Safety Answering Points.
Consolidation Department of Public Safety/Vermont State Police Public Safety Answering Points from 4(Williston, Derby, Rutland and Rockingham) to 2(Williston and Rockingham) would have the following specific impacts:
* 29 Full time employees losing their jobs
* High degree of loss of knowledge of local area and supported agencies
* 4 sites provide geographic backup and continuity of operation in case of large scale disasters
* Potential extra burden and slower response times of Emergency Services Personnel to include Fire/EMS
* Limited functionality of the trooper's mobile data terminals due to Vermont's terrain.
* Provide Police, Fire and EMS for over 100 agencies in the state. In 2014 we collectively processed over 100,000 cases
* High degree of knowledge of local area and supported agencies
* Answer 77% of State 911 calls. In 2014 we answered 161,628 of the 215,504 911 calls made