Uphold privacy, scientific truth, and age of consent in Texas schools!
35 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
35 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
As the parents, grandparents, and family members of Texas children, and/or as taxpayers into the public school system:
- We trust that the administrators and teachers will uphold all state laws regarding the age of consent for sexual activity, which is 17.
- Allowing organizations such as Planned Parenthood to provide information to minors that encourages sexual experimentation and conduct is a violation of this trust.
- We trust that children will be taught the truth or objective reality based on science.
- Teaching that there are more than two genders and that students have myriad options for sexual orientation and gender identity is a violation of this trust
- We expect that children's personal privacy and safety will always be of the utmost importance
- Allowing individuals of the opposite biological sex into multi-occupancy intimate spaces such as bathrooms and changing facilities is a violation of this expectation.
We therefore petition our local and state school boards to adopt the following policy immediately:
- Texas schools will uphold all Texas laws regarding the age of consent for sexual activity. No organization that promotes underage sexual activity of any kind will be allowed access to school facilities or students.
- The official position of the school board with respect to gender, based on established scientific knowledge about genetics, physiology, and neuroscience, will be that there are only two biological genders: male and female. This shall be the official position in all policies and in teaching materials presented to the students.
- Children will only be taught about sex as a biological and immutable characteristic, and about gender as an inextricably linked expression of that biological reality. Organizations that promote contrary views shall not be allowed access to schools or students.
- Gender dysphoria will be understood as a mental health condition to be treated with respect and dignity, as with any other physical or mental disability. Gender dysphoria is defined as "Unhappiness with one's biological sex or its usual gender role, with the desire for the body and role of the opposite sex." Students with gender dysphoria will be given private accommodations for restrooms, showers, lockers, changing facilities.
Visit www.concernedparentsofaustin.com for more information.