Prevent 21 Acre Large Scale Development on Seminary Ave Near the Falls Road Intersection!
PUT YOUR ADDRESS IN THE COMMENTS FIELD!!!!! YOU HAVE TO BE A VERIFIED RESIDENT OF THE GENERAL AREA. THANK YOU!
Please help stop Large Scale Development by Grace Fellowship Church on Seminary Avenue that will negatively impact the environment and water quality in the area, and will contribute to increased traffic congestion at an intersection that is already rated as “failing.”
Proposed megachurch plans will: clear cut 75% of the land (approximately 16 acres!), pave over 35% of the site (7 acres of driveways and parking), and require building a 28-foot-high retaining wall. The planned building has a 1.75 acre footprint, including outside venues, and will back up to Seminary Avenue. There will be a 35-foot-high building 50 feet from Seminary Avenue. Plans call for using berms and new plantings to help hide this enormous building, but you cannot hide a 35-foot-high building that is 1.75 acres in size!
Sign the petition to help:
- stop construction of the proposed 78,000 square foot facility with 568 parking spaces
- prevent greatly increased traffic from AT LEAST 3 church services a weekend (perhaps more) and more than 1,200 planned activities a year - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
- protect Deep Run, a highly regarded Use III clean water trout stream
- preserve a Priority 1 Forest including mature specimen trees which produce oxygen and minimize massive storm water runoff
- maintain steep slopes in a natural, vegetated state which minimizes erosion and reduces stress on natural water systems
This petition was originally created to urge the County Council, particularly WADE KACH, to rezone the property in Issue 3-011 to RC 7. Unfortunately, Councilman Kach did not vote to protect the numerous sensitive environmental features on this property, and did not help local homeowners who expressed tremendous support for rezoning to stop large scale development. Instead, Councilman Kach supported keeping the current zoning, allowing a MEGACHURCH to be constructed in our neighborhood!
The United to Save Seminary Avenue (UTSSA) Coalition will continue to oppose this Large Scale Development on Seminary Avenue! We are committed to protecting our neighborhood, and thank the community for its tremendous support.
YOU CAN HELP! SIGN THE PETITION! Help us show growing community support for preventing Large Scale Development in our neighborhood. We welcome your comments! We read them all, and appreciate your valuable input!
PLEASE SIGN and include your ADDRESS in the comment field. (Baltimore County Residents over 18 years of age). Thank You!!!