Currently, the portables that sit next to the building in the west parking lot are slotted to be relocated to the new green space, which could be used for learning activities, on the north side of the school, directly outside of three classrooms in the red pod. There are some items to note:
1. By leaving two or three portables below (Cathy's, Justin's, and possibly
one for storage), the health teachers are closer to the gym and all that they
have down there.
2. By moving two or three portables, the school gains nothing in
functionality; absolutely NO parking spaces will be added and we will have
hindered ease of use for two teachers.
3. If the portables "have" to be moved (and I don't think the word "have" should be in the lexicon at this point), Cathy and Justin would rather be in the two empty rooms in the building. Thus, we wouldn't need to move anything.
4. By slapping two or three portables behind the Red Pod, any semblance of
a view or open/green space or anything beautiful is taken away for the teachers and students for the three classrooms that will be looking at this. If they absolutely MUST be moved (for no logical reasons), then perhaps they should be put on the east side of the building where it won't be an offensive eye-sore to students and teachers.
5. Finally, classes can use the green space behind the building for
learning activities – several teachers have already mentioned ideas on how to
use that space for student activities where if we went down to the big fields,
we would use a greater portion of our class time going back and forth.
If you support NOT relocating the portables, please digitally sign the petition and make your voice heard. It is often our voices are not heard and even sometimes ignored, but that does not mean that we cannot exercise our right to share what we believe would be best for our school, students, and teachers.