POLS200: Final Exam Material Reduction
Dear Dr. Bortolazzi,
We would like to request a decrease in the amount of material of the final exam due to the following reasons:
1. The materials in total are around 400 pages which would take 15 hours to simply read. And that's just reading not memorizing.
2. I would like to draw your attention that this is an introductory course so not all the students are International Studies students. Some students are seniors and this is a big load on seniors from other majors.
3. Having so much material to study for in such a short amount of time is not the best method to study because the materials will be forgotten after the exam as they won't stick to the students' long-term memory.
4. No other course in the American system has a final with this much material because the professors usually take into consideration that the students have multiple courses and we aren't given a break to study for finals.
5. It seems like the purpose is to punish students for cheating, but that seems unfair to the other students who took the course seriously and did not cheat at all.
With this, I would like to request that the material is reduced to what we took after the midterms. I hope you can understand our perspective and thank you.