Pledge to End Bible Poverty
I agree with Jesus that human beings do not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4) Scripture is God’s voice to us!
I believe that God revives souls (Psalm 19:7), and gives faith through encountering Scripture and that He will perfectly accomplish all that He purposes to do through His Word as He sends it out. It is far superior to the thoughts and words of mankind. (Isaiah 55:8-11)
I believe God desires the peoples of the world to hear the Gospel and
I believe that we must obey Jesus' command to teach all people and nations (Matthew 28:19-20), therefore they must have the Bible in their own languages.
Refusing to stand idly by while millions of people exist in my day with no Scripture available in their heart language,
I pledge that I will remain informed of the needs of the Bible Translation movement;
I offer my voice in my spheres of influence to help end Bible poverty worldwide both now and in the future as eagerly
I await the day when that great multitude that no one can number, from EVERY NATION, from ALL TRIBES and ALL PEOPLES and LANGUAGES, will worship God and declare His salvation through Jesus, the Divine Sacrificial Lamb. (Revelation 7:9-10)
I will pray and do everything possible to serve the following steps...
- ...Translation of the Bible into the remaining 1,700+ languages that have no portion of Scripture.
- ...Production of Scripture in the most accessible form for each person, whether print, audio, video, mobile device, or online.
- ...Distribution of the Word of God to everyone on earth by praying, working, recruiting, training and supporting others for the task.
- ...Education of people to understand and apply God's Word. (Matt. 28:19,20)
- ...Motivation for everyone, everywhere to engage with the Bible regularly. (Matt 4:4)