PETITION IN SUPPORT OF JR'S HOA’S EFFORTS TO PREVENT THE OPERATION OF AN ELDERLY CARE FACILITY AT 57 CALLISTO WAY
The residents of Jordan Ridge are aware that the owners of 57 Callisto Way, Garner NC 27529 intend to operate an "Elderly Care Facility" (“Business”) out of the residence. The residents of Jordan Ridge are concerned about the operation of a business in a residential area for following reasons:
- The operation of a business, out of a residential property is strictly prohibited by the HOA. Per the Declaration of Restrictive Covenants of Jordan Ridge Subdivision, Phase 2, “No building unit shall be used except for residential purposes and no part of the said property shall be used for business, manufacturing, or commercial purposes…” (Jordan Ridge Subdivision, Phase 2 Declaration of Restrictive Covenants 2(a)).
- Neighbors are concerned about the amount of increased traffic coming and going from the residence in order to properly operate the business which will house up to six (6) residents, visitors of the residents, staff, medical professionals, management and emergency medical care.
- Neighbors are concerned that property values could potentially decrease due to the operation of a business in a residential area. Residents of Jordan Ridge purchased their respective properties with the intent to live in a residential area and not one where a business is operated.
- Neighbors are concerned about the safety of their children, property, and security, if 57 Callisto Way is allowed to operate as a business in a residential area.
- Homeowners are concerned about the number of vehicles that will be parked at and around the residence in order to operate the Business and safely accommodate its residents, visitors, staff and management. The Jordan Ridge HOA recently revised its Rules and Regulations. It specifically states, that, “if a vehicle is parked in the street, traffic can become congested (especially at intersections) for school buses, large trucks, emergency vehicles, etc.”
We the undersigned are concerned residents, who respectfully urge and request York Properties, and the Jordan Ridge Home owners association to act now to prevent the operation of an Elderly Care Facility at 57 Callisto Way, Garner NC 27529.