Pet Tourism in Green Lake, WI
120 signers. Add your name now!
120 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Pet Tourism for Green Lake:
Pet Industry is a $58 billion dollar industry. 56% of pet owners choose a destination with their pet in mind. Allowing pets around town encourages pet-based businesses to open in Green Lake, it’s an added benefit to living here, encourages people to spend time downtown, and the average pet owner spends between $700 - $3000 on their pets each year.
What we are asking the city to consider:
• Lift the ordinance prohibiting pets in our parks (Deacon Mills and Playground park)
• Impose a $250 fee for unleashed dogs
• Impose a $250 fee for not picking up after your dogs
• Find a few businesses or organizations to sponsor dog waste stations for the parks
Additional things to think about:
• Low risk – why not try it for a year?
• We would be one of the first Wisconsin cities to become pet friendly – being a leader of the pack (and not just a fast follower)
• Wisconsin has strict dog-bite statues to protect the city and place all liability on the owner: http://dogbitelaw.com/statutory-strict-liability-state/wisconsin-dog-bite-law.html