People In Beachwood, Ohio Need Their Chickens!
1. Chickens make excellent pets. They are quiet and clean, and do not require a lot of space. They are entertaining and affectionate, and teach children responsibility in caring for animals.
2. Chickens are effectively illegal in Beachwood, OH. They are legal in many surrounding communities.
3. If every family in America had 2 chickens attached to their kitchen, the commercial egg industry in this country (an industry which is cruel and inhumane) would be completely abolished, and landfill garbage would be reduced by half.
4. Chickens eat just about anything. They can be fed almost all of your kitchen scraps, and as a reward, they will lay you fresh eggs loaded with nutrients.
5. If the ordinance is not changed, the City of Beachwood will take away our chickens, who are our pets and are part of our family fabric.